Full Time Patient Service Representative – Green Township
The PSR will be responsible for greeting patients, activating patient files, and for providing support to patients and medical staff. Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Promptly and professionally answers telephone calls (as well as retrieve messages that are received via answering service). Route calls appropriately, offering voicemail, paging, or redirection of calls as needed.
- Greet patients/visitors, and assist and direct them accordingly. Phone or page employees to meet visitors, directs visitors to appropriate waiting areas, and appropriately and courteously screen solicitors for relevance to organizational needs.
- Explain financial requirements to patients; collect and record copays as required.
- Perform registration functions for new and existing patients.
- Schedule patient appointments per guidelines given, and finalize patient schedules for previous day.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all patients.
- Adhere to infection control/safety guidelines and confidentiality policies through HIPAA compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
3301 Mercy Health Blvd.
Cincinnati, OH 45211
- Adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Be flexible and not easily flustered
- Give great customer service
- Work in a fast paced innovative environment
- Experience with EMR systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Focus on what is best for the team over the individual
- Be able to sit for long periods of time
40 hours per week