Part Time Medical Assistant
This position is responsible for medical care and discussions with the patient prior to the encounter with the provider. The medical assistant will take the patient’s vitals and collect important health information to be entered in to the patient’s electronic medical record.
Medical Assistants are present in the room during examinations and collect lab specimens. They can give injections and assist with procedures.
Medical assistants must ensure rooms are stocked and cleaned for each patient.
- Must have Medical Assisting certification
- Must have 2 years’ experience in medical assisting
- Must be accurate in documenting protected health information
- Be polite and professional when interacting with patients and other staff
- Must have basic knowledge of an Electronic Medical Records system
- Be able to obtain weight, height, blood pressure, pulse, respirations
- Have a general medical knowledge
- Be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
Part time 25 hours per week working Monday and Wednesday and every other Friday. No weekends and evening.